Thursday, November 14, 2013

Layer Cake

No, this has not all of a sudden turned into some fancy dessert blog {though man do I love sugar!} Its still all about the clothes...and my ramblings. This is my semi-attempt to demonstrate all the different layers I wore to attempt to keep warm without looking like a marshmallow.*

I got this coat for Christmas, oh maybe 5?6? years ago and it is still one of my all time favorites. Aside from the wear-with-anything check pattern, the giant collar is pretty much perfection. Its such a retro inspired coat, which always makes me feel a lot more ladylike than I usually feel. Did I mention the 3/4 sleeves mean I get to wear elbow length gloves too? Because there's that as well...

Ok, so not quite the perfect chronological depiction of the layering, but one of these is not like the other...and obviously this is more about aesthetic than logic!

Coat: Betsey Johnson {in love with this Zara one}

Long-sleeved tee: Free People // Sweater Dress: Theory {try this or this}

Blazer: Theory // Necklace: random brand scored at Loehmanns! {try this or this}



Boots: Stuart Weitzman 5050 {more budget friendly here...and I have them in brown and love!}
Bags: Forever 21, 3.1 Phillip Lim

*Ok so maybe I shouldn't write posts when I'm hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All About Oxblood

Dress : Petit Bateau {almost identical here } // Jacket : Rachel Zoe {try this , this  or this } // Necklace : Baublebar // Hat...