Saturday, May 11, 2013

Something Old, Something Borrowed, and Something New

I've been meaning to do a post on what I wore to my girlfriend's fantastic wedding last weekend but was hoping I could find some fancy high quality shots. Instead, I somehow I managed to not get a single shot of the head to toe look that wasn't a selfie. Whoops, guess someone was having a little fun!

Can we just talk about this dress for a minute? As usual, my amazing mom came through and let me borrow what she calls her 'prom dress.' It had a perfect retro vibe without being too over the top, and the photos just don't capture the detailing in the bodice and skirt. I can't remember the last time I danced/twirled so much!

Most of the jewelry (Again, as usual) was thanks to my grandmother's love of costume jewelry, so the only thing I had to buy were shoes. Not only were they crazy fun and made me at least 6 feet (love) but they were comfortable. I literally was jumping up and down in them and didn't fall once. I could go on and on about what a wonderful weekend it is, but that's not why you're here is it?

Practicing my twirling before getting all done up...

Dress: Nougat London {love this and this is just stunning}

Earrings: Asos // Pearl Bracelet: J. Crew {similar}

All jewelry: Vintage from my grandmother // Nail Polish: Essie "Hip-Anema"

Evening Bag: Christian Dior

No comments:

Post a Comment

All About Oxblood

Dress : Petit Bateau {almost identical here } // Jacket : Rachel Zoe {try this , this  or this } // Necklace : Baublebar // Hat...